Job Openings At Southside
If after reviewing the job description of a particular position seen below you feel you are qualified for that position, please send a cover letter with a current resume to the stated manager. If your cover letter and resume are considered, the manager over that position will contact you with how to apply for this position.
Adaptive Skills Trainer
Sacramento, Elk Grove & Auburn PASSAGE Departments
apply to: kate at southsideunlimited dot com
Southside Unlimited has an opening in their Passage Programs for Adaptive Skills Trainer's (AST) who support and train adults with developmental disabilities & behavioral challenges in a community based setting. AST's provide support with life skills, behavioral support training, job development and training, creative problem solving, and teamwork. Passage is an individualized program with positions available in our Sacramento/Elk Grove/Galt location
(Passage program staff work between sites located in Sacramento, Elk Grove, and Galt) and our Auburn locations. We offer a positive working environment and ongoing training.
Southside Passage Program is looking for individuals who:
• Are energetic and creative
• Enjoy finding opportunities for others to work and excel in the community
• Can think on their feet
• Be familiar in working with adults with developmental disabilities, such as Intellectual Disability, Autism, Downs Syndrome, etc.
• Be familiar working with individuals who communicate through behavioral excesses
• Applicants must have a clear DMV printout and a reliable insured vehicle which they will use to transport participants with mileage reimbursement
• Minimum 1 year experience with individuals with behavioral challenges preferred
• Some college preferred, though experience in lieu of formal education is accepted
• Knowledge of and access to computer and internet/email access required to transmit daily, weekly, and yearly reporting and paperwork
Adaptive Skills Trainers work M-F, between the hours of 8:30-4, 36 hours/week (hour each day determined by site).
Position pays $15.00 per hour. Excellent health insurance benefits, on the 1st of the month after the first 60 days of employment. We offer dental, paid time off and holiday benefits. EOE.
Vocational Skills Trainer
Sacramento Employment Department
apply to: katherine at southsideunlimited dot com
Southside Unlimited seeks a full-time (36 hr/wk) Vocational Skills Trainer for its Employment Services Department in Sacramento. The Vocational Skills Trainer provides support and training to participants with developmental challenges in volunteer and paid work in the Sacramento community. High School Diploma or equivalent required. 1 year experience working with persons with disabilities preferred.
Position pays $13 per hour. Clean DMV, reliable car and auto insurance required for this position. Fingerprinting clearance from Community Care Licensing required for applicants to start work .Excellent benefits and positive work environment. EOE