Southside Unlimited creates a forum that applies the medium of opportunity, blending artistic expression, personal progress, and active citizenship toward individual empowerment.
Services at a Glance
Passage provides vocational opportunities and job skill building to adults with disabilities who may communicate their needs through behaviors. We also provide a transitional program to young adults coming out of high school who are interested in gaining a few years of work experience before transitioning on to other employment programs.
Work of Art Studios and Gallery provides many choices for artists. The Work of Art program is a vibrant, progressive venture designed to bring out the talents and abilities of all artists, and develop self-confidence through artistic expression. We offer workshops, classes, and open studio for artists to create original artwork and develop their artistic voice. Finished works can be submitted to the Gallery Committee for exhibition and sale through the Work of Art Gallery or other exhibitions in the community.
Work of Art has just begun the process of opening our four studios to the public. We offer classes in painting, drawing, ceramics, textiles, printmaking, mixed media, music, and digital art. These studios are a place where people of all abilities and interests can work side-by-side to discover their artistic voice. For more information, visit our website through the link below:
· Work of Art Studios and Gallery, South Sacramento provides studios in ceramics, mixed media, and textiles, located at 4600 47th Avenue, Suite 111 Sacramento, CA 95824
· Work of Art Studios and Gallery, Country Club provides studios in painting, drawing, printmaking, and digital art, located at 2310 Watt Avenue, Suite 210, Sacramento CA 95825
· Work of Art Studios and Gallery, Auburn provides studios in painting, drawing, ceramics and mixed media, located at 669 Lincoln Way, Suite 100, Auburn CA 95603
· Work of Art Studios and Gallery, CLARA provides studios in music and performing arts, including podcast, located in E. Claire Raley Studios for the Performing Arts at 2420 N Street, Sacramento CA 95816
Employment Services provides an opportunity for people with developmental disabilities to cultivate competitive job skills toward direct hire placement through on the job training.
· We currently provide paid employment for around 25 people with developmental disabilities through Southside Recycling.
· Employment Services develops customized employment opportunities through Alta California Regional Center funded Paid Internship Program.
· For individuals who are not quite ready for paid work, Employment Services provides the opportunity to learn job skills in a natural environment through volunteer work. All volunteer work is done at non-profit volunteer sites, providing the opportunity to participate in meaningful purposeful work while learning job skills toward paid employment.
Southside Recycling is the 10th largest recycling collection services to private businesses and state agencies in the greater Sacramento region. Southside Recycling provides both in house services, where our teams collect recyclable materials from inside your business, and dockside services where your personnel place recyclable material into dockside containers for collection. Southside Recycling’s mission is to provide employment for people with developmental disabilities while helping our environment. We would love to provide recycling services for your business.